Sinclairs are the owners and manufacturers of quality paper stationery brands Silvine, Silvine Originals and Artgecko Sketchbooks.
This policy is reviewed annually; the latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions with reference to this policy, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to; Sinclairs, Silvine Works, North Street, Otley, LS21 1AH.
Sinclairs gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on our website.
We also collect information to better understand how individuals use our website and to provide timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
• Contact information
• Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
• Website usage data
• Other information relevant to enquiries
• Other information pertaining to competitions and surveys.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from our company, therefore enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data;
• For our own internal records
• To improve the products and services we provide
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
• To send you promotional emails about our products, services, competitions, giveaways and other things we think may be relevant to you
• To contact you via email, telephone, or mail for market research purposes.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small file placed on your computers hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options, or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use our website and what pages they tend to visit.
18th May 2018
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve our website structure, design, content and functions.
• Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to our site.
• Test content on our website. For example; 50% of our users might see one peace of content and the other 50% may see a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. Our website can then present you with information you will find more interesting and relevant.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content or provide functions you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this will effect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide detail on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
• Opt – in to receive marketing communications from us by telephone, via email or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you always have the option to change your mind with ease, using one of the following methods:
• Opt – out option is available in all our email marketing.
• Send an email to: email@example.com.
• Write to us at; Sinclairs, Silvine Works, North Street, Otley, LS21 1AH.
We will never distribute or sell your personal information to third parties, unless we have a legal obligation to do so.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our Data Protection Policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
We will always hold your information securely
To prevent any unauthorised disclosure or access to your information we have implemented strong physical and electronic safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.